How this site works!
I know at first it might be a tad confusing, we are working on simplifying things here.
- Visit the Shop and buy some stuff.
- While purchasing you will setup a user account, if using a social login its super quick and automated.
- If your purchase was approved you will get an email to show this.
- Now just visit the site and log in if not, while logged in you should see a menu item “Your Posts” click that to open page. You will have a very simple looking set of tabs that show links to purchased posts/pages using the PPP system and a couple other lists.
- We will be tweaking this to make it better over time.
- If you need more info about how PPP works read the section below on this page.
Ratings for the posts here are similar to Flickr.
- Safe, for all viewers.
- Moderate, provocative or some nudity.
- Restricted, full nudity, erotic or fetish.
Settings for PPP (Pay Per Post/Page)
- Default access time is 1 month then they expire from being viewed (you can buy again after), some posts may have shorter or longer times and will be notated.
- Posts or Pages access can be bought for this system.
- Pricing is variable on a per post/page basis. These prices depend on content rating type, amount of content, or other reasons.
- Bundles may be offered and will include more than 1 post/page when you buy a product. These can be photo and video posts.
- Mixed content may have a photo and video in the same post/page.
- BTS, behind the scenes content will be shown and most likely be mixed with a photo post at times.
- Each post/page has the time for when you bought and how long left you have to view it (this is being worked on). Important fact is if you buy a post again the system will not prorate or add more time to the post access, it will just reset the access time to the default, like 1 month.
- Attributes are added into each product to give you more standard details about the content in each post/page. You can see these on each product page under the photos.
- You can view what posts/pages you have bought on the “Pay Per Post” menu item up top. This just shows a list of posts as a link, hopefully we can spruce up this list more.
Memberships will be activated soon.
- Discount club this will automatically discount most post/page for you to buy access to. This is a great option for frequent post/page buyers, you will save money.
- Store credit system is very new and when you buy a membership having this option will give you credit to buy posts with, sometimes you may get bonus credit. You can use these on the checkout page, they will appear automatically and you click on the coupon image to apply it for all or some of your cart total.
- Typical content memberships may be added for content in large sections like the AoS NP or Special sections I have offered in the past and not a per post function. Its also possible I may offer larger bundles as a membership setup, we can have unlimited memberships aka products here.
- The memberships here will be an additional function on this site to the pay per post function, these do not replace or give a content buffet to all content on this site anymore.
Payments can be made from these options.
- Stripe is our default payment provider. We have it setup to use the “checkout” option which is a fast option.
- Amazon Pay is another option and real simple to use.
- Apple Pay will appear once you have used the stripe system at least once. This is very handy and allows to you instantly buy a post skipping the whole checkout system.
Basically this new setup started in August 2018 is based around a shopping cart system. This was done due to the pay per post system, we have enhanced it with many extensions and membership/subscriptions functions too. In the future it is even possible for use to offer physical goods for sale on this site if needed, this site is a full featured online shopping center.
The content on this site is mainly photos and then videos from many of Ryan Burleson’s shoots. The shoots focus primarily on fashion and boudoir style themes. Some content may have some erotic or even fetish themes, but this is not a porn website. Over time more content may be offered from even other people.
No content on this site may be reproduced or shared outside of this website. We have functions enabled to see user right click, save image, save as, screenshots, keyboard + entries etc. similar to snapchat/instagram for disappearing/expiring content. You might see a warning appear when these events are seen, lets play nice here. Read our terms of service for more info too.
Content in each post/page is setup in a part system. These parts are just smaller series of content from a shoot. Shoots can have 1-30 or more parts, so as you can see 1 shoot could have a bunch of parts. Photo parts are usually between 10-50 photos, the average is around 30 images each part. Video parts will range from 30 second videos to 10+ minutes.
- S2P7 = Shoot Two Photo Part Seven
- S5V3 = Shoot Five Video Part Three
ArtofShadows.com domain was purchased in 2015, at the time I wanted another name for my photography stuff instead of ryanburlesonphotography.com. We kept getting more and more requests from people wanting to see more of the shoots I did. This kept happening so I called their bluff and with previous knowledge of many websites over the years decided in March 2017 to setup a membership pay site to view more content.
I was surprised to see right from the start that I had a few dozen members. After awhile I knew that to do things right I would need to use a more robust setup. It started with a crappy shared server, then managed wordpress server (great), then vps (awesome but separate database was meh), now its on its very on dedicated server (hell yes the big boy). During these server upgrades we changed the software running the membership system 3 times, trying to find the most stable and best options.
This websites consists of the main web server and a CDN for videos ran separately. This has been the setup from the start, but we like it so we will keep videos on a separate server.
Now we are on the actual 4rth software system and most expensive. I believe this setup is the best right now with a shopping cart and ability to pick what you want instead of paying a large lump sum for a catalog of posts even though that’s less expensive overall. We are very progressive with this website just as we are with our photography and video projects.
Art of Shadows LLC was formed in mid 2018 to centralize many of my own website businesses that are run as a side job. We didn’t ever want to be on any platform, we wanted our very own powerhouse.
We have a true desire to go next level and there is no level cap in sight. The main photographer here actually does everything on this website.